EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH:
CAPITOL CIVIC CENTRE INC.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: Executive Director
POSITION REPORTS TO: Board of Directors / Board President
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Full-time Exempt
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY:
The Executive Director is the senior operating officer for the Capitol Civic Centre, Inc., charged with overseeing and/or leading administration, operations, facility integrity, fundraising and development, business development, community relations, and strategic planning. The Executive Director is the organization’s most visible representative in the community and beyond. The Executive Director also serves as a voting member and the de facto Managing Director of the Capitol Civic Centre Foundation, Inc.
- Financial Management: Create and manage annual P&L and Cash Flow plans with revenues exceeding $850,000. Negotiate and commit contracts and financial obligations on behalf of organization.
- Programming: Selection and presentation of approximately 12-15 events, shows, educational and other programs booked by the organization each year.
- Development & Fundraising: Plan and carry out fundraising and development functions for the company including grant writing, donor solicitation, donor stewardship, sponsorships, memberships, annual appeal, etc. Includes leadership of major capital fundraising campaigns when needed. Also execute development programs as directed by the Capitol Civic Centre Foundation, Inc.
- Operations: Oversight of venue operations, events, support systems and protocols behind building/event operations.
- Business Development: Liaison to resident performance companies, AKA “Capitol Arts Partner” organizations (approximately 60 rental shows/year), along with new business and program development.
- Human Resources: Select, supervise, evaluate, direct, and work with a staff of 12 employees (4 full-time and 8 part-time) and more than 170 volunteers.
- Facility Management: Oversight of a conjoined five-building historic complex with structures 100-135 years in age, including venue safety, upkeep and preventive maintenance, and aesthetic integrity.
- Professional Outreach: Actively engage with external colleagues, industry professionals and local boards and committees.
- Strategic Planning: Engage in long-term planning for the organization. In addition, work closely with the board of directors and board committees to ensure the organizational, operational, fiscal, and mission integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ senior administrative experience. Nonprofit sector preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in performing arts field preferred.
- Financial management experience of $500,000 in annual revenue preferred
- Experience in fundraising and development, marketing and public relations, facility management, and human resources management preferred.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the performing arts.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
The Capitol Civic Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity.
- Salary $50,000 – $75,000; negotiable based on prior experience
- Competitive Benefits Package
Reply to: email@example.com
The Capitol Civic Centre is always looking for capable stagehands to add to the crew. If you’re interested, please email an introductory email and a completed CAPITOL Employment application to Derek Frenz, Technical Director.