Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the Capitol Civic Centre:
- My seats are all even-numbered, are they together? Yes. Seat numbers are even on the right side of the theatre and odd on the left side of the theatre. Please see CAPITOL SEATING CHART for a visual.
- I’m from out-of-town. What exit do I take to get to the Capitol? Please refer to CAPITOL DIRECTIONS.
- Where do I park for a daytime performance? We suggest the following: Street parking on Jay Street, 7th Street, or Franklin Street as available. The large parking lot along the river off of Quay Street, across from the public library (where the farmer’s market is held) typically has available parking. There is limited parking in the lot behind Dr. Freud’s (off Jay Street) during the day. There is limited parking in the lots off 9th Street (near the Fire Department) and street parking near the Capitol. Wherever you park, please be careful to read the signs around you; some of the stalls in the parking lots surrounding the Capitol Civic Centre are leased to various companies and individuals. You may be tempted to park in the parking lot of the Manitowoc Public Library, but we ask you to be considerate of the people that patronize the library and not park there during library hours.
- Can you accommodate special needs seating? Yes, we’re glad to accommodate your needs. Please call the Box Office at (920) 683-2184 in advance of the performance. There are security and other personnel on hand to assist you to and from your seat. Presently, our special needs seating accommodations are 17.
- What additional fees are incurred when purchasing tickets? Wisconsin sales tax is added to each purchase. In addition, there is a $2 Capitol Preservation Fee added to the cost of each ticket for Capitol events. This non-taxed fee is used for theatre maintenance and cleaning. There is a $4 per-order processing fee for orders placed over the phone. This fee is waived for Capitol Civic Centre Members.
- I found tickets for a Capitol performance for sale on another website, are tickets on other websites authorized for sale? The Capitol Civic Centre utilizes Choice Ticketing as the official ticketing company for events at the Capitol Civic Centre facilities. Tickets may be purchased online at cccshows.org, charge-by-phone 920-683-2184, and at the Capitol Civic Centre Box Office. Please be advised that any other ticketing website or outlet is not an authorized seller, or reseller, of tickets for events at the Capitol Civic Centre. Purchasing tickets outside of Choice Ticketing and the Capitol Civic Centre may result in fraudulent tickets, or tickets that cannot be used for entry. These tickets will not be exchanged or refunded by the Capitol Civic Centre or Choice Ticketing. If you have questions please call our Administrative Offices at (920) 683-1937.
- What is a Capitol Member? A member is an individual or family who makes an annual monetary donation to the Capitol. Members receive priority reservations and ticket discounts to the Baileigh Industrial Marquee Series. There are additional membership benefits as you increase your membership level. To learn more, please call the Box Office, (920) 683-2184.
- Are concessions (beverages and food purchased at the Capitol) allowed in the theatre? Depending on the performance, concessions may be allowed in the theatre. During Capitol Civic Centre Baileigh Industrial Marquee Series and other Capitol presented shows, concessions are allowed in the auditorium. Please refer to signage, displayed on the bar, or ask hospitality staff, an usher, or Capitol Staff on Duty for clarification of the concession policy for other events. The main bar is located in the Salutz Family Lobby. At times, a second bar is located in the Mertens Family Lobby/Kadow Movie Museum. Bars open with doors, one hour prior to performance time and are open during intermission.
- Are cameras or recording devices allowed in the theatre? Generally no unless the performer invites recording and photography. Flash is never allowed. Cameras and recording devices may be confiscated if used against the express wishes of the artist and house. Please check your show program for more detail.
- What happens if I arrive late for a performance? Late-comers will be seated at the first appropriate opportunity. You may be asked to stand in the back of the theatre until that opportunity presents itself. The usher staff will direct you.
- What happens if I lose my tickets? Lost tickets can be reprinted. Please check with a Box Office Associate as soon as possible after losing them.
- If I’m unable to attend, after purchasing tickets, will a refund be issued? We do not refund ticket purchases. If the presenter is a non-profit organization, the monies are considered a donation to the presenting organization, and are acknowledged as such. If the presenting organization is a for-profit business, consideration for refund is based on the presenter’s policy.
- Is there a dress code at the Capitol Civic Centre? You may wear whatever you feel is appropriate (within the guidelines of good taste) for the type of performance you are attending.
- What is the policy on bringing infants and toddlers to performances? Out of consideration for those around you, please use discretion in deciding if your child is old enough to sit in their own seat without distracting others. Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket (even if they will be sitting on your lap).
Still have questions? Please email Melyssa Behnke, General Services Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 920.686-6422.